Welcome to Jeevodaya
- Jeevodaya, a voluntary organisation established in 1994 is involved in the integrated education of children-in-crisis. With just 15 children in 1993, today we educate 10,000 deprived children in 204 villages & slums across – Karnataka,Andhra Pradesh & Tamilnadu. Jeevodaya is empowering deprived children with Academic & Life education .
- 1) FREE SCHOOL: We are running a FREE SCHOOL for the poorest and needy children of quarries, slums and villages. Terminally sick parents children, Orphan children, Single parent children and those suffering severe poverty are given admission in the FREE SCHOOL. Quality English Medium Education is provided for 250 deprived children from Nursery to V Grade.
- 2) HOME – ORPHANAGE: We have setup a CHILDREN’S HOME for needy and children from poverty background. We provide them with residence and education. There are 55 deprived children in our HOME.
- 3) EVENING STUDY CENTRE IN SLUMS & VILLAGES: Parents in the villages and slums are mostly illiterates. They very rarely have the inclination to assist the children in their home works. Children most of the time are left to fend for themselves. This negligence proves costly on the long run and paves the way for increased rate of street children, school drop outs and child labour. Jeevodaya to make education possible in a more meaningful and effective conducts Supplementary Education for the deprived children of slums and villages thereby enhancing their performance in exams and vouching for their educational empowerment.
- 4) SCHOOL STATIONERY: Poverty prevents parents from educating their children. Child Care India facilitates complete educational infrastructure to children. Note books, textbooks, uniforms and fees-assistance are at the disposal of these children. This assistance checks child labour, school drop-outs and children taking to streets. For the 2012 Academic year, 4000 children from poor families, single parent homes and orphans were supported with Free Note Books & School Stationery.
- 5) SCHOLARSHIP : Nearly 300 deprived children are supported with school and college fees. Orphan, Single parent and poverty stricken children – who are promising and deserving are provided with school and college fees.
- Educate Deprived Children : Prevent Child labour
- Academic Education & Life Education for children-in-crisis
- Follow-up children’s education till completion of High School : from 6 to 16 years
- Free School for deprived children of quarries, slums and villages
- Educational Aid : Note Books & School stationery for needy & deserving children
- Supplementary Education : Evening Study Centers – enhancing academic skills
- Life Education : Personality development – self confidence
- Awareness for parents : Responsible parenthood in child education & formation
- FIntegrity, Commitment and Perseverance
Objectives for Children & Community
- Dignity, self-reliance, Civic-sense & Social responsibility, empowered community overcoming poverty and child labor.
- Free School provides ‘Quality English Medium Education’ to 186 deprived children from age of 5 –. 13 Nearly 50 % of the student are girls. Nursery, LKG, UKG, First, Second, Third and Fourth Grades are functioning. Children who had never help a slate pencil or knew alphabets are now able to read, write , comprehend and in their own communicate in English. These are first generation school goers and they are learning alphabets, basic english, kannada and numbers, rhymes, action songs, basic numbers, colours, general knowledge, hygiene and cleanliness, good manners and values of helping one another in the school. “Play – Learn = Learn through Play ” methodology is being used as basis of our teaching. Personality development activities such as sports, games, singing, dancing, fancy dress , drawing and colouring are regularly carried out to develop their potentials. Creativity, Imagination, Leadership, Problem Solving and Innovation is the thrust of curriculum.